Pharmacy Oncology Symposium 2016
Roswell Park Cancer Institute is delighted to present the “Pharmacy Oncology Symposium 2016,” an educational activity developed to update pharmacists and advanced practice practitioners on recent developments in cancer treatments, including oral chemotherapy and supportive care for cancer patients.
Following this program, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the criteria of patient coverage under the Medical Marijuana Law in NY State.
- Recognize the specific conditions where medical marijuana may be prescribed and dispensed.
- Discuss the evidence for efficacy of medical cannabis in various diseases.
- Review newly approved medications for Multiple Myeloma.
- Evaluate the most appropriate immuno- oncology therapies for non-small cell lung cancer.
- Discuss oral chemotherapy agents available for patients with EGFR mutations and ALK rearrangements.
- Recommend a plan for management of oral chemotherapy drug interactions.
Dates: Saturday, October 15, 2016
Location: Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Research Studies Center (RSC), Elm & Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263
Accreditation: ACPE (Revised 9-22-16), AANP
The University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. The “Pharmacy Oncology Symposium 2016” is accredited as a knowledge-based live activity and will award up to 5.4 contact hours of continuing pharmacy education credit. Please note that individual sessions have been accredited for this one day activity. Continuing education credit will be uploaded to the CPE Monitor based on the individual sessions attended and completion of the CE attendance form.
This activity is approved for 5.34 contact hour(s) of continuing education (which includes 2.91 hours of pharmacology) by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. Activity ID 16092320. This activity was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies
Elm & Carlton Streets
Buffalo, NY, 14263
Complimentary parking is available in the hospital parking ramp on Elm & Carlton Streets. Bring your ticket stub to the registration desk for validation. Metered parking is available on the street. Look for the payment kiosks along Elm & Virginia Streets.
If you have any questions, contact Denise Hammell at firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 845-5706.